Monday, November 23, 2009

Delicious Green Curry Paste

I've always really enjoyed Thai food, however I haven't really ventured to make it at home very often. Which actually isn't very good, since Thai restaurants in Canada are usually rather expensive and making the recipes at home are really quite cheap! Since my boyfriend has recently become a Thai curry junkie and I'm quite a fan myself, I decided to get started on making some curry pastes.




Green Curry Paste
1 stalk lemongrass, prepared and minced
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1 (or more) green thai chilie, sliced (check asian markets, otherwise jalapeno peppers work)
4 TBS diced red onion
4 TBS soy sauce
1 TBS lime juice
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch chunk ginger, minced
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp white pepper
2 TBS coconut milk
  1. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Simply blend until an entirely smooth consistency is reached.
  2. To make a curry for topping rice, simply heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok or medium skillet. Add 2 - 3 TBS curry paste and heat until fragrant. Add about 3/4 - 1 cup coconut milk and whatever veggies and/or tofu you desire. You could also include about 1/2 cup veggie stock for more flavor. Serve over rice - I prefer brown coconut rice. Preparing it this way should make two servings.
Makes enough for about 6 servings of curry. It should keep for about a week in the fridge.
Note: This makes a lot of curry. The picture was taken for apperance only - I definitely added more of the curry on top before I ate it!

0 comments:

Any reproduction of this blog's material without permission from the author is strictly prohibited.